0203 667 2700 / 0786 751 7693

UKpassportrenewal.co.uk offers premium services and information related to different categories in passport application and passport renewal or replacement. We provide passport application guidelines, eligibility criterion and expenditure details as well.

Passport Application Process

You are entitled to apply for a UK Passport if you are:

  • A British citizen
  • A British citizen residing overseas
  • Under the protection of Great Britan
  • A British subject
  • A British national, overseas

Passport applications fall under the following categories:

  • First time adult passport applications
  • Adult passport renewal /replacement application
  • Passport application for your child

You can renew your adult passport any time you wish. You no longer need to wait for the current passport to expire. Any validity left from your current passport will be added to the new one, up to a period of 9 months.

The Identity and Passport Service will cancel your old passport once you’ve received the new one.

To receive an adult passport renewal/replacement application form, you can:

  • Log in to the Identity and Passport Service (IPS) and fill in the online form
  • Request the Passport Adviceline to post you one
  • Approach a Post Office that offers the Passport Check and Send service

For UK citizens residing overseas, the application forms vary depending on the country you are applying from. The cost and duration period for your adult passport renewal also depends on the country you are residing in.

The procedure is different for UK citizens in:

  • Hong Kong
  • New Zealand/Australia
  • Other countries

Damaged passports must be replaced as soon as possible. Passport renewal/replacement will take at least four weeks, so do not book any travels within this period. First time adult passport applicants will be interviewed by the Identity Passport Service. It will take at least 6 weeks to receive your first adult passport. Don’t book any travels until you’ve received it.

Children under the age of 16 need to have a Child Passport. They can no longer be added to the parent’s passport. You can apply for your child’s passport if you have ‘legal parenting responsibility’ for your child.

Different rules apply if:

  • The child is adopted
  • You are a foster parent
  • The child was born through surrogacy or assisted reproduction

You can still be a British citizen if you were born outside the United Kingdom. If you are not a British citizen, you may be able to apply for British citizenship