Yes. You can write a short letter permitting another person to submit your documents at the office. In the letter ,mention the details of that person- like name and address, and his/her relationship with you.
- What is an emergency travel document?
- What if my passport expires while I am abroad? Will I be permitted back into the UK?
- Can someone else take the relevant documents to the passport office on my behalf?
- I need a passport urgently. Is it possible to get it within a week?
- What to do in case of a stolen/lost passport?